Kid Zone Care is a drop-off child care program held at the YMCA. This program is specifically set up to help our members enjoy a workout knowing their child is secure, safe and well taken care of. Kid Zone Care is for YMCA members whose children are on their membership and is offered at no charge as part of YMCA member benefits. Each session is up to two hours. Parents must remain on YMCA property while their children are in Kid Zone.
Kid Zone Information
*Thank you for your patience as we update this information
Eligibility: Members and their guest's children aged 6 weeks - 5 years
Date and Time: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 12:00pm
Children are checked in on a first come, first serve basis. Children may stay in the nursery for a maximum of 2 hours each session (morning and evening).
Location: Henderson Family YMCA
380 Ruin Creek Rd
Henderson, NC 27536
Questions: Contact Christine B. Williams firstname.lastname@example.org or 252.438.2144 for more information.
To view policy information and FAQ open tabs and read below.
- Children are allowed up to two hours per day in Kid Zone.
- Parents/caregivers must remain onsite at the YMCA while their child(ren) is in Kid Zone.
- The adult who drops the child off at Kid Zone should also be the parent picking up from Kid Zone.
- Children who exhibit behavior harmful or potentially harmful to other children may be denied admission to the nursery or removed by a parent or guardian.
- Children who exhibit symptoms of illness may be may be denied admission to the nursery or removed by a parent or guardian.
- Children will NOT be left alone while in the nursery.
- Nursery staff members are not permitted to use personal cell phones while on duty except in case of an emergency
- Staff will escort children to the bathroom as needed.
- With written permission from a parent/guardian, staff will change diapers as needed
- This service is not licensed by the state of North Carolina, however the service is registered with the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education.
- Our nursery is staffed with paid employees and/or volunteers. Nursery staff members are CPR/AED/First Aid certified and background screened.
Depending on the age of your child, you may need to bring the following items to Kid Zone:
- Change of clothes
- Bottle (breast milk or pre-mixed formula) if your baby needs to be fed while in our care.
- Water Bottle
- Jacket/sweater (if it is cold outside)
- Please wear clothes and shoes appropriate for indoor and outdoor play.
- Expensive toys/electronics (The Y is not responsible for lost, stolen or broken items.)