SUMMER SCHOOL - HYBRID OPTION FOR CHILDCARE AVAILABLE!
For some students, this summer will include summer school. We can help!
$75 - Hybrid/Summer Day Camp - less than 5 full days a week - for those attending summer school
$135 - Summer Day Camp - weekly rate
CHECK IN | PICK UP PROCESS
- Hours 7:30 am to 6 pm
- Check in/pick up will be curbside at the back of the facility
- Children are asked to remain in vehicle until greeted by camp staff
- Daily health check (temperature check and basic health questions in accordance with the CDC and NCDHHS)
- Parents/guardians are asked not to enter facility
- Valid photo ID required for pick up (drivers license) and must be listed on permissions list
WHAT TO BRING
- Yoga mat, nap mat or blanket for quiet time
- Extra set of clothes (not always needed but good to have)
- Swimwear, towel and flip flops
- Lunch (please bring cold foods or those that do not require heating)
- Snacks will be provided in the morning and afternoon. If your child requires a special snack, we ask that you provide and advise staff.
- Quiet time material such as a favorite book or magazine
- Reusable water bottle (staff will refill as necessary)
- School device, books, school work packets, etc.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Comfortable clothing appropriate for inside and outside
- Closed-toe shoes
A medical form must be completed for any medications needed. If there are any allergies, please specify on this form as well. All medicine coming into the YMCA must be labeled with the child's name and dosage information. Medicine will not be administered otherwise.
Please note: If at any time a child presents symptoms of being sick, they will immediately be placed in quarantine with their camp leader. We will contact the parent/guardian and must be picked up immediately. A doctor's note will be required before the child is allowed to return. Staff will also go into self quarantine to ensure everyone's safety. Additional sterilization and deep cleaning will also be completed.
ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE AT BTS ACADEMY
- Every morning we will provide the appropriate time for your student to log in for assigned school virtual learning or time for them to work on their school work online or worksheets.
- Each student will be assigned to their appropriate age, grade or school group as outlined by school requirements.
- If your student is required to log in for an afternoon session for virtual learning, please advise our staff so we can make sure the student is allotted that time appropriately.
AFTERNOON EXPERIENCE AT BTS ACADEMY
- During the afternoon experience there will be several options for the students to choose from:
- Swim time
- Youth sports
- Arts & Crafts
- Robotics (a hands-on STEM program for children using Legos)
- Playtime (indoor & outdoor depending upon weather)
- Group activities
- Virtual fieldtrips
- Academic time (for those that need to log in for their school virtual lessons)
- We will be conducting daily health screenings (taking temperature and basic health screening questions) of all campers and all YMCA camp staff.
- YMCA camp counselors are required to wear a face covering and following social distancing guidelines.
- Campers are required to wear a face covering. We have "buffs" available for those that request one. (Buffs are a soft material tubing that is worn around the neck and can be pulled into place over the mouth/nose area when needed.)
- All activities, crafts, games and sports will adhere to social distancing guidelines.
In an effort to include ALL children, the YMCA has a financial assistance program. This program uses a sliding fee scale for membership and child care which is based on need. For more information, please contact the YMCA at 252.438.2144 or click here to download a copy and submit it to the Member Services desk.