Please feel free to download a copy
Policies and Procedures-What to Expect for Summer Day Camp 2020
CORONA VIRUS UPDATE
OUR CAMPS WILL FOLLOW NCDHHS, CDC AND LOCAL GUIDELINES TO ENSURE OUR CAMPERS AND STAFF ARE AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE.
• Camp hours are 7:30 am- 6 pm
• Check- in and pick- up will be outside in the back of the building; you will be greeted by a camp staff member. Please have your child remain in the car until you are greeted by a staff member.
• You will be asked to present valid ID; the person must be on the list giving permission to drop off or pick up. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO HAVE ID AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE ALLOWED IS ON YOUR LIST!
• There will be a health check and the basic health questions in accordance to the CDC and NCDHHS asked. Please if your child has been sick; keep them home.
• Their temperature will be taken daily.
• We ask the parents/ guardians please do not enter the building.
What to bring:
• A blanker for nap/quiet time
• An extra pair of clothes (not always needed but good to have)
• Swim suite, towel and flip flops
• Lunch: please send cold lunches as we will not be warming food this summer.
• Snack: we will provide a snack in the morning and afternoon but if your child requires a special snack we ask that you send it with them.
• Something for quiet time: a book or magazine
• A reusable water bottle
What to wear:
• Comfortable clothes for inside or outside
• Closed-toe shoes
• Please submit the attached form for any necessary medications needed to be taken. If there are any allergies; please specify on this form as well. All medicine coming into the YMCA needs to be labeled with the child’s name and dosage information. Medicine cannot be given otherwise.
Please return this either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to camp.
**Please note that if at any time during the day, if any child presents symptoms of being sick they will immediately be placed in quarantine with their camp leader. We will contact the parent or guardian and immediate collection is required. They will then need a Dr note before being allowed to return. The staff member will also then go into self-quarantine to assure everyone’s safety. At that time a deep clean and sterilization will also be completed.
• Unfortunately this summer we will not be going on any physical field trips. We are however, putting some virtual options together so the children can have a great time visiting other places while safely staying at the Y.
• We will be conducting a health screen and taking temperatures of all YMCA Staff and Summer Day Camp Counselors each day.
• We will be doing a health screen and taking temperatures of all campers each day.
• YMCA Summer Day Camp Counselors are required to wear mask inside and outside when social distancing cannot be maintained.
• The campers are not required to wear a face mask, but we will provide “buffs” if they would like too.
• All our activities, crafts and games will implement social distancing.
I want to send a big thank you for all your cooperation during a very trying time. I want to reiterate at Summer Day Camp we just want to keep everyone safe while having a great time. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at any time by email or at the YMCA at 252-438-2144